Family Photo Shoot: Canada Geese At Lake Stone

May 22, 2020

NorthEscambia.com recently did a “family photo shoot” at Lake Stone with a family of Canada geese.

Two adults and their youngsters enjoyed a nice sunrise and morning walk at the lake on West Highway 4 just outside Century.

The geese are often seen at Lake Stone this time of the year.

For more photos, click here.

NorthEscambia.com photos, click to enlarge.

Comments

6 Responses to “Family Photo Shoot: Canada Geese At Lake Stone”

1. Goose Whisperer on May 23rd, 2020 3:01 pm

I’m so thankful others enjoy these intelligent, loving & family oriented birds as much as I do. Growing up in Pcola I never had a chance to meet a Canada goose until we moved to NC 6 yrs ago. It was love at first sight. I made several goose friends as I was new & didn’t know anyone. Lol But one couple in particular “Lucy & Ricardo” I named them, taught me so much of how they live & how they have such BIG personalities. They marry for life. I could go on forever about how much I have learned from them but will spare you. Lol I hope everyone gets to have an amazing experience with a Canada goose as I have been so blessed with. They are truly amazing, beautiful & so smart!

2. Anne on May 23rd, 2020 7:25 am

Your photos are GREAT, especially like the ones as dusk falls making the silhouettes against the sky/
    Magnificent birds and Amazing navigators in their migrations.

3. Nomad on May 22nd, 2020 4:57 pm

Beautiful pictures!! Scenery is so peaceful. I spend a lot of time in Colorado, with my son. In spring and fall, the geese choose the place where he lives as a rest area. Thousands of them will stop over.

The residents hate them. They make such a mess and they’re noisy. I think they’re beautiful and love walking among them.

4. tg on May 22nd, 2020 2:39 pm

Watch Where You Step!

5. Beulah Boy on May 22nd, 2020 10:44 am

Beautiful.. I also see a pair at Leisure Lakes RV park on 9 mile road daily.

Last year 9 were at the Nature Trail holding pond on 9 Mile across from Navy Federal and loved to watch and hear them ‘honk’.

6. Big Boy on May 22nd, 2020 9:25 am

So beautiful. Wish I were there with them.