Top Feature Stories
Weekend Gardening: Distinctly Southern Hydrangeas
by Santa Rosa County Extension
Nothing defines a southern landscape more than hydrangeas.
These beautiful, large flowering shrubs fill gardens with their green, leafy foliage and incredible blooms during the warm months.
In order to ensure consistent and reliable blooms, these shrubs must be cared for correctly. In addition to proper [...]
Back To School: Supply Lists
School starts Monday, August 18 in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties. Here are printable school supply lists from each elementary school and middle school in Escambia County, plus the North Escambia area schools in Santa Rosa County and Escambia County, AL.
(High schools typically do not have a general supply list. Students are [...]
Registration Event Scheduled For Danceworks Classes
Registration is underway for Heather Leonard’s Danceworks, and a registration event will be held Tuesday in Byrneville.
The registration will be from 5:30 until 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Byrneville Community Center. Or students can register by mail; click here for a form.
Ballet, tap and jazz classes will be taught by Heather Leonard beginning [...]
Greater Escambia Relay For Life Needs Volunteers Now
The Relay For Life of Greater Escambia is seeking volunteers – community leaders, cancer survivors, caregivers, and all others – to join the 2015 Event Leadership Committee. Event Leadership Committee members are essential to the planning and implementation of the event.
The committee is made up of local volunteers that want to help the American Cancer [...]
Manna To Resume Feeding Hungry
After losing all its food to recent flooding, Manna Food Pantries’ main facility is partially restocked and the grassroots organization will be providing emergency food on a limited basis beginning July 28.
Because of Manna’s limited capacity to store and distribute food, the organization has temporarily set up an appointment-only schedule [...]
Other Feature Stories
- Weekend Gardening: Distinctly Southern Hydrangeas
- Back To School: Supply Lists
- Registration Event Scheduled For Danceworks Classes
- Greater Escambia Relay For Life Needs Volunteers Now
- Free Beans And Rice Giveaway Saturday In Cantonment
- Manna To Resume Feeding Hungry
- Blue Angels Announce 2015 Team Members
- Ascend Volunteers Pitch In To Help Panhandle Equine Rescue
- Hospice Volunteers Needed; Free Training Available Saturday
- Tax Collector Offices Collecting Food Drive Donations For Manna
- Northview Grad Deploys To Afghanistan As Black Hawk Medevac Pilot
- New Pastor Joins Jay United Methodist Church
- July Gardening Tips
- Escambia Students Place In Health Occupations Students of America Competition
- Century Camp Fire Kids Get ‘Wild & Wise’
- Local Boys, Girls State Attendees Honored
- Girl, 11, Called A Hero For Saving Younger Sisters From House Fire
- Photo: Rainbow Over Cantonment Fire Station
- Summer Reading Required For Ernest Ward, Ransom Middle Students
- Northview, Tate, West Florida, Ernest Ward FFA Members Attend State Convention
- First Baptist Bratt Celebrates Freedom; Burns Mortgage Note
- Healthy Summer Series: Sun Safety Tips
- McDavid Church To Host Women’s Conference
- The Blues Are Back! (With Friday Photo Gallery)
- Photos: Watermelons For Sale
Other Education Stories
- D Grade: Why Did Northview Fall That Low?
- Every Child A Readers Honors Many, Including Century Group
- In-Depth Look: School Grades For Area Schools
- Northview Food For American Program Number Two In Entire State
- Several North Escambia Teachers, Staff Members Retire
- Northview High Announces Honor Rolls
- Teacher To Be Hired To Ensure Community Involvement At Bratt And Ernest Ward
- Ernest Ward Names Students Of The Month; GPA And Principal Award Winners
- Northview Honors Teacher, Volunteers Of The Year
- Bratt Elementary Awards Kindergarten, First Grade Students
- Over 200 Ernest Ward Students Receive Awards
- Bratt Elementary Presents Fifth Grade Awards
- Byrneville Fifth Grade Math FCAT Scores The County’s Best
- Take A Survey: What Do You Think Of Your Child’s School?
- Northview High School Class Of 2009 Graduates; With Photo Gallery
- An Emotional Day: Carver/Century Closes
- NHS Holds Senior Honors Night
- Elementary School FCAT Scores Released
- Middle, High School FCAT Scores Released
- $10 Million To Save Or Create 130 Escambia School Jobs
- Carver/Century Holds Last Ever Graduation Exercise
- All Smiles At EWMS: Somer Bridges Named A Teacher Of The Year
- Go After God In A Big Way: NHS Class Of 2009 Holds Baccalaureate Services
- Molino Park Student One Of Four In Escambia With Perfect FCAT Scores
- 3rd Grade Math, Reading FCAT Scores Released : Bratt Declines, All Others Improve