Driver’s License Clinic To Assist Participants In Restoring Driving Privileges

January 14, 2020

The First Judicial Circuit will host a Driver’s License Clinic on Friday, March 6 to assist individuals whose licenses have been revoked, suspended, or cancelled. The event will be held from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the M.C. Blanchard Judicial Building in Pensacola.

Staff from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Escambia County Tax Collector’s Office, Florida Department of Revenue, Escambia County Clerk of Court, Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, Office of the State Attorney, and the Office of the Public Defender, along with judges and court and community corrections staff, will be on hand to assist registrants and provide individualized information relevant to each participant’s personal circumstances. The goal of the clinic is to provide “one-stop shopping” for citizens to interact with the appropriate state agencies and/or the court, so they can determine how to regain their driving privileges.

Drivers’ licenses may be suspended for a variety of reasons, including: 1) failure to pay traffic tickets; 2) the accumulation of too many points on one’s driving record; 3) failure to pay child support; 4) failure to pay or work off fines, fees, and costs imposed as part of a criminal sentence; 5) failure to maintain automobile insurance; 6) failure to register a vehicle or keep or renew the registration; 7) failure to obtain, renew, or return a car tag; or 8) designation as an habitual traffic offender. Licenses may also be revoked as a consequence of entering a plea to certain crimes, such as driving under the influence or certain drug-related offenses.

Clinic eligibility is outlined on the Escambia County Driver’s License Clinic event page at https://escambiacountydriverslicenseclinic2020.eventbrite.com. Availability is limited, so interested persons should register as soon as possible. Participants must be pre-registered in order to receive service at the clinic; walk-ins will not be accepted. A list of frequently asked questions is available at www.firstjudicialcircuit.org.

Comments

6 Responses to “Driver’s License Clinic To Assist Participants In Restoring Driving Privileges”

1. Billy grantham on January 20th, 2020 3:48 pm

I have a lot of fines from the courthouse. I need help paying. I have a lot of problems to overcome and one of them is getting my license back. Thank you for the help. Billy Grantham.

2. C.L.Ellis on January 15th, 2020 8:09 pm

Got a DUI 4 years ago I’m a husband and father of three can’t afford to buy a new car and I own a motorcycle but the can’t put a breathalyzer on a motorcycle really need to drive myself to and from work what can I do please

3. Christopher Bolton on January 15th, 2020 7:28 pm

I had a dui six years ago. I need to see how to get my license back

4. Kyle Dumond on January 15th, 2020 3:59 pm

Need assistant restoring licenses, no dui

5. Triston Young on January 15th, 2020 12:51 pm

I wrote last time yall were doing this and I got an email Telling me to contact a lawyer but I could not get ahold of anyone I even google searched the lawyer

6. Julie R Gunter on January 14th, 2020 11:49 pm

I am trying to get my drivers license back, but i have over 3,000 in court fines and fees. I am on a limited disability income, any help would be greatly appreciated.