Free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Available
February 20, 2011
IRS-certified United Way volunteers are currently providing free tax preparation services through the end of tax season at four locations in Escambia County. The service is free for lower to moderate income residents.
- Department of Children & Families, 8190 Pensacola Blvd., Pensacola.
- Wednesdays and Fridays, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Pensacola State College, Bldg. 96, 1000 College Blvd., Pensacola.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Southeast Vocational Services, 2001 North E St., Pensacola.
- By appointment only. Call Victor Latham at 595-1330, ext. 3286.
- University of West Florida, Bldg. 22, 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola.
- Fridays and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To receive on-the-spot service, be sure to bring:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Form W-2s, 1098 and 1099 forms
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Bank account numbers for direct deposit or a valid mailing address
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social
- Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms. Each site can accommodated those with disabilities.
For more details, call (850) 595-5905 or visit www.EscambiaFinancialStability.com.