Road And Bridge Closures
January 29, 2014
The major road and bridge closures in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties are listed below. Almost all other roads in the North Escambia area are covered in some combination of ice, sleet or snow. Travel is not advised.
- Boggy Creek Bridge on County Road 97A . This is the temporary metal bridge near Enon, about 10 miles from Walnut Hill.
- Highway 97 is closed from Arthur Brown Road to Kansas Road in Walnut Hill. There are no detours; drivers should avoid the area altogether.
- Highway 29 is closed from Cox Road to Byrneville/Bluff Springs Road.
- I-10 closed from Scenic Highway to Highway 87 (including Pensacola Bay Bridge)
- Theo Baars Bridge (Perdido Key Drive) to Perdido Key – Despite the bridge closure, medical and rescue crews are available on Perdido Key for emergency situations
- Three Mile Bridge
- The Barrancas Bridge over Bayou Chico
- Main Gate bridge at Pensacola NAS. Use the back gate.
- The Bayou Texar Bridge
- I- 10 bridge over the Perdido River is down to one lane from Alabama to Florida
- I-10 bridge over Escambia Bay leading into Santa Rosa County has been closed in both directions
- I-10 Bridge at Blackwater in Santa Rosa County.
- I-10 Bridge over Perdido River from Alabama to Florida is down to one lane