I-10 Now Open In Hurricane Damage Zone

October 11, 2018

I-10 is now completely open through the Florida Panhandle. Earlier today, I-10 was closed from the Defuniak Springs/Freeport exit (mile marker 85) to the Chattahoochee/Lake Seminole exit (mile marker 166) due to hazardous conditions caused by Hurricane Michael.

Pictured: The FHP works to clear road debris Thursday morning. Photo for NorthEscambia.com, click to enlarge.

Comments

6 Responses to “I-10 Now Open In Hurricane Damage Zone”

1. sam conlee on October 15th, 2018 8:52 am

I don’t know who cleared the I 10 section closed on Thursday morning until Thursday night at 1900 but these men deserve a Medal! I drive that route every night and what they did was PHENOMINAL! They cleared 80 miles in both directions in 8 hours. That is 20 MPH of clearing. I saw it Thursday night and WOW! CUDOS to you and all the people involved! You are the people that MAGA! Thank You!

2. Melissa Wookey on October 14th, 2018 1:16 am

God Bless and be safe out there!

3. Julie Sullivan on October 12th, 2018 10:20 am

Thomas Mignerey, Go North into Georgia, and cut over on I-16. roundabout, but gets you moving.

4. Kathryn Staples on October 11th, 2018 9:09 pm

Hows traffic? Moving? Slow?

5. Grand Locust on October 11th, 2018 2:41 pm

What a mess. We were very fortunate this went East.

6. Thomas Mignerey on October 11th, 2018 12:45 pm

Stuck in Jacksonville. When is I-10 westbound expected to reopen?