Headed The Beach? There’s Now A Cheaper Toll Option

March 17, 2017

At the Thursday, March 16 commission meeting, the Escambia Board of County Commissioners approved a reduction in the Pensacola Beach General Public Annual Pass, reducing the annual fee from $50 to $20. The fee reduction will become effective Monday, May 1.

The board’s action does not impact the ability to choose to pay the cash toll of $1 for single trips or the other Pensacola Beach Annual Pass rates. The homestead pass will remain at $5 and the commercial pass, $70. No refunds will be given for any general public annual passes purchased prior to the new fee rate.

The new Pensacola Beach Annual Pass integrated with SunPass® provides a true 365-day pass to Pensacola Beach by providing unlimited passage through the Bob Sikes Toll Booth for one full year from the date of purchase. To get your Pensacola Beach Annual Pass:

• Step one – Purchase a SunPass transponder online at www.SunPass.com or in person at retail outlets including Publix, CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens. For a full list, visit https://www.sunpass.com/sunPassRetailers.
  • Step two – Enroll in the Pensacola Beach Annual Pass program online or in person at the Bob Sikes Bridge Toll Plaza Customer Service Office located in the Santa Rosa Island Authority office, 1 Via De Luna Drive, Pensacola Beach.

Comments

6 Responses to “Headed The Beach? There’s Now A Cheaper Toll Option”

1. Brian on March 19th, 2017 5:26 am

There is another option, drive to Navarre and pay no toll. The Bob Sikes bridge has been bought and paid for many times over, now the toll is just another revenue stream.

2. Reader on March 18th, 2017 10:19 am

I am with JD – I am going to suggest that to my Escambia County Commissioner on principle of fairness.

3. L.L. on March 18th, 2017 12:05 am

I am with KR…
    I need an Annual Pass for Garçon Point at a reduced rate!

4. KR on March 17th, 2017 9:37 am

What about the Garcon Point Bridge. I NEED an annual pass for that!

5. JD on March 17th, 2017 8:34 am

How about extending current passes to two years for people that have already purchased a pass at $50 this year. I think this would be fair.

6. 429SCJ on March 17th, 2017 4:21 am

When I was a little boy I remember SRIA President Mr Ernie Magahee had set the toll at a quarter, moreover if I recall correctly,the toll was to terminate when construction cost were recovered?

Mr Magahee was an old man when I was a little boy, funny thing is, now I am an old man and Mr Magahee is still that same old man. I wish him well.