Bicyclist Struck By Car

January 1, 2017

A bicyclist was struck by a car early Saturday night on Highway 95A near West Roberts Road. The bicyclist was transported to an area hospital by ambulance in unknown condition . The accident remains under investigation by the Florida Highway Patrol. Further information has not been released. NorthEscambia.com photos by Kristi Barbour, click to enlarge.

Comments

8 Responses to “Bicyclist Struck By Car”

1. mike on January 4th, 2017 8:16 am

How about Gulf Breeze? Their “bike lane” is a bike symbol painted on the right side of the road righthand lane every so often. A proper bike lane would be an extra 3 or 4 feet of road width, marked off with painted lines. It would be expensive to do everywhere I bet.

2. Steven on January 2nd, 2017 10:25 pm

I almost hit the same guys that night. When I passed them one was stopped in the middle of the road. I had to swerve into the other lane just so I wouldn’t hit him.

3. Samantha on January 2nd, 2017 7:50 pm

The cyclist has 13 staples in his head, but he’s ok.

4. That Guy on January 2nd, 2017 9:42 am

I passed by this.
    It was dark raining a little and there is no place for a bike on that road.
    Hope they are ok!

5. mike on January 2nd, 2017 2:33 am

Terrible! I hope the cyclist will be ok. Driver, if you have State Farm comprehensive full coverage, don’t claim the windshield, they will cancel your policy. :(

6. mike on January 2nd, 2017 2:31 am

Terrible! I hope the cyclist will be ok. Driver, if you have State Farm comphrensive full coverage, don’t claim the windshield, they will cancel your policy. :(

7. Hastings on January 1st, 2017 4:05 pm

This is getting more and more common in our area. Either there is no bike lane or drivers don’t respect the bike lane, and very few bicyclists follow traffic laws and ensure that they are well lit at night. This is such an awful thing, and I hope for the best for everyone involved.

8. Charlotte on January 1st, 2017 11:26 am

Praying whoever was on the bike is going to be o.k. And I know the person that hit this person must be shook up pretty bad as well. I’m praying for you as well, in hopes God will be with both of you during this difficult time.