North Escambia Area Closures, Cancellations
August 28, 2012
This is an archived story.
- Schools: All Escambia County (Fla.) Schools are closed Wednesday. Santa Rosa schools are closed Wednesday. Escambia County (Ala.) schools are closed Wednesday. Temple Christian in Atmore is closed Wednesday. Pensacola Christian Academy is closed. Escambia Academy (Atmore) is open.
- Colleges: Pensacola State closed through Wednesday. University of West Florida closed through Wednesday. Virginia College of Pensacola closed until 8 am. Thursday. University of South Alabama closed Tuesday.
- ECUA: No commercial or residential service on Tuesday. A rescheduled pickup will be announced.
- Escambia County: All county offices closed until further notice.
- Escambia Health Dept: Closed until further notice.
- Santa Rosa: All county offices closed Tuesday until further notice.
- Alabama Elections: Elections will continue as normal on Tuesday in Escambia County, Ala., including Atmore and Flomaton.
- Tate Football: The Tate High School Aggies regular season opener against Louisiana’s St. Charles High School scheduled for Friday night has been canceled due to Isaac.
- Cantonment Ballpark: Closed with no practices until further notice.
- Bratt Davisville Water System annual membership meetings scheduled for Tuesday, August 28 has been rescheduled for Tuesday, September 4 at 7 p.m. at the water company office.
- NWE Bradberry Park “Meet Your Coach has been rescheduled for Tuesday, September 11.
- Heather Leonard Danceworks Classes have been canceled for Tuesday at the Byrneville Community Center.
- Blackwater State Forest will be closed until further notice. Forest Service offices in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties will be closed Tuesday.
- Nemours Children’s Clinic in Pensacola will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Workforce Escarosa: Century, Pensacola and other offices closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Dept. of Children and Families offices in Escambia and Santa Rosa will be closed Tuesday.
- Veterans Clinic in Pensacola will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Lakeview Center outpatient services and offices will be closed Tuesday, including the main campus and Century.
- Florida Dept. of Corrections has canceled visitations until further notice at the Pensacola Work Release Center and Berrydale Forestry Camp.
- Northview Quarterback Club meeting scheduled for Monday has been canceled and will be rescheduled.
- Members First Credit Union closed at 11 a.m. Tuesday and expects to reopen as usual on Thursday, weather, circumstances permittting.
- Pen Air: All Pen Air FCU branches will be closed until Thursday, August 30 for regular business hours, weather/damage permitting. In the event of a power outage, the ATMs located at the Pen Air FCU branches on 9 Mile Road and Saufley Field Road are operated by a generator, and will be accessible.