Local $244,468 Winning Lottery Ticket Worth $0 In One Week

September 29, 2010

In one week, a $244,468.47 winning Fantasy 5 ticket purchased in North Escambia will be worth nothing.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the Florida Lottery said no one had claimed the $244,468.47 winning Fantasy 5 ticket that was purchased April 9, 2010, at the State Line O’Yes Lotto at 11331 Highway 97 in Davisville.

The Florida Lottery allows winners 180 days to claim their prize; the April 9 winning ticket will expire October 6 at which time the $244.468.47 will be split with 80 percent going to the Education Trust Fund and the remaining 20 percent returned to the prize pool.

Lottery officials said the ticket was a “Quick Pick” with numbers randomly chosen by the lottery machine. Only one ticket matched the winning numbers: 13-21-25-28-36.


2 Responses to “Local $244,468 Winning Lottery Ticket Worth $0 In One Week”

  1. Jim on September 29th, 2010 3:57 pm

    Dave that is a very good question. But, I would think the store would still get it’s bonus money. Or at least I would hope so it’s not their fault no one came forward to claim it. This could have been someone just passing thru and don’t even know they have won. Sad.

  2. Dave on September 29th, 2010 8:26 am

    I wonder if the store will lose its bonus for selling the winning tickit if its not claimed. That would be awful for the store.

Have a comment on this story?

We welcome your comments on this story, but there are some rules to follow::

(1) Be Nice. No comments that slander another, no racism, no sexism, no personal attacks.

(2) No Harrassing Comments. If someone says something bad about you, don't respond. That's childish.

(3) No Libel. That's saying something is not true about someone. Don't do it.

(4) Keep it clean. Nothing vulgar, obscene or sexually related. No profanity or obvious substitutions. Period.

(5) NorthEscambia.com reserves the right to remove any comments that violate our rules or we think to be inappropriate. We are not responsible for what is posted. Comments may not appear right away until they are approved by a moderator.

(6) Limit your comments to the subject in this story only, and limit comments to 300 words or less. Do not post copyrighted material. Comments will not be added to stories that are over 30 days old.

(7) No posts may advertise a commercial business or political group, or link to another commercial web site or political site of any kind.