Tate High Graduate Wins Food Network’s Great Cookie Challenge

December 4, 2019

A Tate High School graduate has won a national cooking baking championship.

Stephanie Torres, who graduate from Tate in 2009, won the $10,000 grand prize in the “Christmas Cookie Challenge” that aired Monday on The Food Network.

Torres and the other bakers face challenges that included making Christmas cards and tree toppers from cookies.

“This experience was surreal. When I was contacted last December to see if I was interested in interviewing, I really didn’t think I would want to even try to be on the show,” Torres said. “I really didn’t think I would want to even try to be on the show. I was unsure of leaving Addie for 5 days, I wasn’t even sure if I had the personality to be in a competition like this, and I was unsure of how my mental health would respond if I utterly failed! Thankfully, with the help of my friends and family, I took the leap and went through the crazy interview process and found out I was casted.”

The show was filmed last February, but she had to keep the results secret until the final episode aired.

Torres now lives in Hialeah Gardens, Florida, with her husband and children where she operates the Little Love Cookie Company. She was a culinary specialist in the Coast Guard for six years, and her husband is still active duty.

Photos courtesy Food Network for NorthEscambia.com, click to enlarge.

Comments

6 Responses to “Tate High Graduate Wins Food Network’s Great Cookie Challenge”

1. Trisha Lewis on December 4th, 2019 4:05 pm

This is wonderful news!!! Congratulations sweetie!

2. whereami on December 4th, 2019 3:24 pm

Am I watching a Hallmark movie?

3. Nikki on December 4th, 2019 7:59 am

Its so nice to see people from my class doing things with their lives that is awesome !! You go girly!

4. Samantha Ball on December 4th, 2019 7:20 am

Congratulations Stephanie!!! All Aggies are proud of you!!

5. gene on December 4th, 2019 6:57 am

Good job coastie.

6. ELW on December 4th, 2019 6:46 am

Congratulations. Watch the show all the time.