Update: Walnut Hill Crash Claims Local Man’s Life, Injures 8-Year Old Child

October 22, 2019

A single vehicle crash near Walnut Hill claimed one life and injured a child Monday night.

Clayton Joseph Cagle, age 31 of Walnut Hill, was traveling east on Pine Forest Road about a mile off Highway 97. He failed to maintain control of his 1999 GMC Yukon, causing the vehicle to veer off the road and strike a tree. He was pronounced deceased at the scene. Both were wearing their seat belts.

An 8-year old passenger was transported by Escambia County EMS to an area hospital with minor injuries.

The Walnut Hill and Molino stations of Escambia Fire Rescue also responded.

NorthEscambia.com photos, click to enlarge.

Comments

13 Responses to “Update: Walnut Hill Crash Claims Local Man’s Life, Injures 8-Year Old Child”

1. Kaya on October 24th, 2019 11:20 am

I Do not know them but I pray for the little boy!!! It is so sad that the dad died after they crash and then his son had witnessed it,I will be praying that yall will be ok.

2. Tammy on October 23rd, 2019 10:22 am

I’ve knew Clayton since he was a kid my kids went to school with him we know his family also. Clayton was a great guy. It breaks my heart that this has happened and especially his baby witnessing this. I pray for him and his family

3. Cantonment citizen on October 23rd, 2019 6:50 am

Praying for the family, so sorry for such tragedy, in hopes for full recovery for the boy.

4. Cantonment citizen on October 23rd, 2019 12:21 am

So tragic for the son to witness. Praying for the family and especially the sons.

5. J cook molino fla on October 22nd, 2019 10:17 pm

I feel so bad for this little boy,it’s a terriable thing for him to have to go threw.his grand mother just passed away not even a month ago,witch was the little boys daddy mom,I can’t amagine what the whole family is going threw on his dads side of the family .my prayers go out to them all

6. Family on October 22nd, 2019 3:03 pm

He will be missed ! May he Rest In Peace ! His little boy is so sweet and so strong . Please pray for his two sons and his wife and dad as they lay him to rest .

7. Caleb on October 22nd, 2019 1:44 pm

This was my best friend growing up.. my ride or die partner! Red neck teenage outlaws with good intentions! Lol. I can’t beleive this. I love your brother! Till we meet again!

8. Mike on October 22nd, 2019 1:23 pm

My wife was coming home from the ER with our
    Son and told me there was a wreck and some one
    Passed on. Not till I saw the updated post this morning that I knew who it was
    Met him only a few times as he some times came to
    My kids bus stop such a tragedy he was a nice guy
    From the little bit I talked to him. Hope his son makes
    A full recovery and prayers for the family in there
    Time off grief.

9. Caring father on October 22nd, 2019 9:03 am

Lord may you keep your loving arms around this young man as we pray for his recovery and prayer for the family in this very tragic times just please put those around them to guide them and give them strength in this time of need.

10. Tyler on October 21st, 2019 11:21 pm

Prayers for all parties involved.

11. EJR on October 21st, 2019 10:39 pm

Jesus be with this family! Watch over them in this difficult time.. Amen!

12. Pineville PI on October 21st, 2019 10:25 pm

Please keep that child in your prayers, he was so concerned about his Father. Such a tragedy to see this happen.

13. Susan on October 21st, 2019 10:24 pm