One Injured In Highway 29 Rollover Crash After Avoiding Deer

December 31, 2018

One person was injured in a single vehicle rollover accident Monday afternoon on Highway 29 near Cotton Lake Road. The driver reportedly attempted to avoid a deer, according to witnesses. Escambia County EMS and the Molino, McDavid and Cantonment stations of Escambia Fire Rescue responded, and the Florida Highway Patrol is investigating. Photos for NorthEscambia.com, click to enlarge.

Comments

7 Responses to “One Injured In Highway 29 Rollover Crash After Avoiding Deer”

1. David Huie Green on January 3rd, 2019 3:20 am

REGARDING:
    “It’s easy to say never swerve. I know that is the best thing, but I love animals, and it’s just an automatic reaction when I see an animal that is suddenly on the road.”

It helps to make up your mind NOW that you won’t risk killing yourself or others by swerving to avoid an animal in the road. Brake if you can. (Sometimes a tailgater makes even that dangerous.) Decide now. Stick to your decision.

David for people over animals determined to die

2. Pat on January 1st, 2019 10:25 am

Another deer on a suicide mission…..

3. Angi on January 1st, 2019 3:34 am

Prayers they’re alright. It’s really hard to say what one might do, since it all happens so quickly.

4. Grand Locust on January 1st, 2019 3:18 am

Bambi declares victory…….

5. Charlotte Bates on December 31st, 2018 9:07 pm

It’s easy to say never swerve. I know that is the best thing, but I love animals, and it’s just an automatic reaction when I see an animal that is suddenly on the road. I usually try to break hard, quickly look to see if anyone is coming up beside me, and swerve to avoid the situation if I can. I came within inches last night to hitting my neighbor’s Pit Bull dog. She was on the other side of their driveway, it was dark, and she is dark, and the next thing I know, I see a flash darting out in front of me. Scared me to death. I’m not fond of Pit Bull dogs, but I would never in a million years deliberately hurt one, if I can help it.

6. Watch 'em on December 31st, 2018 6:57 pm

Was going south on Hwy 97 the other night, just past Pilgrim Trail and I saw a deer dash across the road in front of a van traveling ahead of me… the next second, another deer ran out and the van nailed it. The deer flew spinning through the air into the ditch on the other side of the road… the van barely had time to touch the brakes before it hit the deer, but they didn’t swerve and just pulled off to the side of the road…

Was amazing how fast the whole thing happened though.

7. T-Ree on December 31st, 2018 5:28 pm

NEVER SWERVE! You have a far better chance if you just hit it.