Firefighters Respond To Report Of Smoke Inside Century Residence

February 18, 2018

A ceiling fan was reportedly to blame for smoke in a Century residence  early Sunday morning.

Area fire departments were dispatched to the 8000 block of Old Flomaton Road at 2:50 a.m. Firefighters  were able isolate the source of smoke to a faulty ceiling fan and remove it from the residence.

There were no injuries reported.

The Century, McDavid, Walnut Hill and Molino staitons of Escambia Fire Rescue, the Flomaton Fire Department, Jay Volunteer Fire Department and Escambia County EMS were dispatched to the smoke report.  Most units were canceled prior to arrival.


Have a comment on this story?

We welcome your comments on this story, but there are some rules to follow::

(1) Be Nice. No comments that slander another, no racism, no sexism, no personal attacks.

(2) No Harrassing Comments. If someone says something bad about you, don't respond. That's childish.

(3) No Libel. That's saying something is not true about someone. Don't do it.

(4) Keep it clean. Nothing vulgar, obscene or sexually related. No profanity or obvious substitutions. Period.

(5) reserves the right to remove any comments that violate our rules or we think to be inappropriate. We are not responsible for what is posted. Comments may not appear right away until they are approved by a moderator.

(6) Limit your comments to the subject in this story only, and limit comments to 300 words or less. Do not post copyrighted material. Comments will not be added to stories that are over 30 days old.

(7) No posts may advertise a commercial business or political group, or link to another commercial web site or political site of any kind.