Jay Woman Killed In Highway 89 Crash

October 8, 2017

A Jay woman was killed in two vehicle accident Saturday afternoon south of Jay.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 42-year old Kara Milstid was traveling east on Country Road 178 a in her 2007 Ford Fusion as a 2001 GMC Sierra driven by 39-year old Michael Rasmussen of Jay was southbound on Highway 89 . Milstid failed to yield the right of way, entered the intersection and struck the pickup truck before continuing across the intersection and into a concrete culvert and a dirt embankment.

Milstid was pronounced deceased following the 2:27 p.m. crash. Rasmussen was transported to Jay Hospital with minor injuries.

File photo.

Comments

9 Responses to “Jay Woman Killed In Highway 89 Crash”

1. Susan Busby on October 9th, 2017 11:55 am

To the Milstid family–I enjoyed working with Tina for the short time I knew her. I enjoyed our little talks when she came in every morning–but something was different today–no Tina, no little talk–totally shocked when I was informed of her passing. I can’t imagine what your family is going through losing a sibling and a child. Tina was a very caring, loving young woman inside and out. My families thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Susan L. Busby

2. My2Cents on October 9th, 2017 11:15 am

I’m sorry for your loss Greg. I can’t imagine losing a sibling.

3. Tiffany MacKenzie on October 9th, 2017 9:00 am

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family Greg. I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Tina and was also a friend. It’s hard to think that just this past Friday I waved goodbye and told her I would see her Monday. She was a true joy to work with, and was a friend to me when I needed one. I will always be grateful to her.

Tiffany MacKenzie

4. Roxy Carroll on October 9th, 2017 6:40 am

Greg I am so sorry. I don’t know if you remember me, but I worked with Tina. She made mad laugh so hard sometimes I would cry. She talked about you all the time and I know you were her best friend. The world will seem a little dimmer without her in it.

5. Cynthia Walsh on October 8th, 2017 7:09 pm

To the Milstid family. I’m so incredibly sorry for your loss. God Bless you.

6. Gary on October 8th, 2017 5:57 pm

This is really sad. My prayers for all.

7. Onewholostason on October 8th, 2017 5:21 pm

I don’t know you, but it doesn’t matter, God Bless you Greg Milstid and may the Lord keep you in his embrace and comfort you during this difficult time…

8. Greg Milstid on October 8th, 2017 11:01 am

My beautiful and wonderful sister Tina passed on to a better place yesterday October 07, 2017 due to a car accident. She was only 42. I find it hard right now to understand how Gods plan could be to take someone so young and full of life with so many plans and reasons to live. Maybe one day I will understand why it was her time. She was my best friend, my heart, and part of my soul. I love her and miss her so much. I know that she is in a better place with my mother and other sister Janet. My world will not be the same without her.
    Greg Milstid

9. Sherry lewis on October 8th, 2017 7:19 am

It is time at that intersection for a caution light. Too many accidents there.