FDOT: Weekly Traffic Alerts
April 17, 2017
Drivers will encounter traffic variations on the following state roads in Escambia County and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
· Interstate 10 (I-10)/ U.S. 29 Interchange Improvements Phase I – Alternating lane closures on I-10 near U.S. 29 (Exits 10A and 10B) from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 16 through Thursday, April 20 as crews perform barrier wall work. In addition, intermittent lane closures on the I-10 westbound to U.S. 29 north ramp (Exit 10B) during this time. Traffic will be detoured to Exit 10A for access U.S. 29.
· Nine Mile Road (from Beulah Road to Pine Forest Road) Widening – Traffic will be reduced to one lane on the West Woods Apartments driveway Monday, April 17 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. as crews relocate utilities in preparation for roadway widening. Traffic flaggers will be on site to safely direct drivers through the work zone.
· Fairfield Drive (State Road 295) between Davis Highway and 12th Avenue Routine Maintenance- Eastbound outside lane closure from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, April 17 through Friday, April 21 as crews clean and video ECUA sewer line.
· Nine Mile Road Turn Lane Construction south of Scenic Hills Drive – East and westbound lane closures from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, April 17 through Thursday, April 20 as crews construct two eastbound, right turn lanes on the south side of Nine Mile Road, just east of Westside Drive and add a westbound, left turn lane across from Scenic Hills Drive.
· Perdido Key Drive (State Road (S.R.) 292) Resurfacing from the Alabama State line to the ICWW (Theo Baars Bridge) – Drivers can expect intermittent, isolated daytime lane restrictions Monday, April 17 as crews complete miscellaneous construction activities on the project. Drivers can expect minor delays.
· I-10 Widening from Davis Highway to the Escambia Bay Bridge – Alternating lane closures on I-10 westbound, between Davis Highway (State Road (S.R.) 291/Exit 13) and Scenic Highway (U.S. 90/Exit 17), from 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. the week of Monday, April 17 as crews perform paving work.
· U.S. 29 (S.R. 95) Widening from I-10 to Nine Mile Road- Alternating lane closures continue from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. on U.S. 29 between I-10 and 9 1/2 Mile Road and on Nine Mile Road near the U.S. 29/ Nine Mile Road overpass as crews perform drainage and bridge operations.
· Nine Mile Road (S.R. 10/U.S. 90A) Widening from Pine Forest Road to U.S. 29- Alternating lane closures continue on Untreiner Avenue as crews perform jack and bore operations.
Santa Rosa County:
· S.R. 87 Widening from Eglin Air Force Base Boundary to 2 miles South of Yellow River Bridge – Intermittent lane closures near Choctaw Field Road from 6 p.m. Monday, April 17 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, April 18 as crew perform paving operations.
Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through the construction zone, and to pay attention for workers and equipment entering and exiting the work area. All activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.