Attic Fire Damages Molino Home

December 30, 2016

Fire damaged a large Molino home Thursday night, but firefighters were able save the home from major destruction.

An attic fire was reported at the home on Luth Road off Highway 99 just before 9 p.m. Firefighters reported light smoke showing as they arrived on scene at 5,500 square foot, two-story home. The fire was quickly brought under control with significant damage to the attic

Preliminary reports indicated the fire started from a fireplace chimney. There were no injuries reported.

The Molino, Walnut Hill, Cantonment and McDavid stations of Escambia Fire Rescue and the Atmore Fire Department, including a ladder truck, responded to the blaze.

The home’s occupants were displaced, marking the 10th bulb in the “Keep the Wreath Green” fire safety campaign. Each time firefighters respond to a residential fire with damage, a green light bulb will be replaced with a red one to remind citizens of the dangers posed by fires in residential home.

Photos by Kristi Barbour for NorthEscambia.com, click to enlarge.

Comments

4 Responses to “Attic Fire Damages Molino Home”

  1. Fire Guy on December 31st, 2016 9:35 am

    Stay away from the national chain sweeps or get at least get a second opinion. Search for Doodlebuggers Chimney Sweeps in Pensacola and review BBB for all.

  2. goat lady on December 30th, 2016 7:05 pm

    I FOUND A CHIMNEY SWEEP IN MILTON PART OF A NATIONAL CHAIN I COULDNT FIND ONE IN PENSACOLA. FOUND IT IN YELLOW PAGES OR WEBSITE.

  3. anne 1of2 on December 30th, 2016 3:07 pm

    All of the fires this holiday season are killing me. I feel so bad for all of these families. Strangers like myself can pray for them and watch to see if the community is going to do anything else.

  4. mike on December 30th, 2016 6:48 am

    Looks like they were able to save it, great job guys! Such a beautiful home! Probably not many chimney sweeps in this area. Enough to get the job done on a regular basis tho, I wot. :) Glad nobody was hurt.





Have a comment on this story?

We welcome your comments on this story, but there are some rules to follow::

(1) Be Nice. No comments that slander another, no racism, no sexism, no personal attacks.

(2) No Harrassing Comments. If someone says something bad about you, don't respond. That's childish.

(3) No Libel. That's saying something is not true about someone. Don't do it.

(4) Keep it clean. Nothing vulgar, obscene or sexually related. No profanity or obvious substitutions. Period.

(5) NorthEscambia.com reserves the right to remove any comments that violate our rules or we think to be inappropriate. We are not responsible for what is posted. Comments may not appear right away until they are approved by a moderator.

(6) Limit your comments to the subject in this story only, and limit comments to 300 words or less. Do not post copyrighted material. Comments will not be added to stories that are over 30 days old.

(7) No posts may advertise a commercial business or political group, or link to another commercial web site or political site of any kind.