Atmore Mobile Home Fire Blamed On Candles Used During Power Outage

September 12, 2017

A Monday night Atmore mobile home fire is being blamed on candles.

Firefighters responded to the mobile home fire on Old Ship Circle in Atmore just before 10 p.m. Monday. Everyone was out of the home and there were no injuries. The home was total loss.

Atmore Fire Chief Ronald Peebles said the fire was started by the unattended use of candles during a power outage. That power outage was the result of a motor vehicle accident a short time prior to the blaze.

The fire re-flashed shortly about 12:30 Tuesday afternoon.

An unrelated fire Monday night in Atmore claimed the life of an elderly woman. Click here to read more.

Pictured: Atmore firefighters extinguish a re-flash Monday afternoon at an Atmore mobile home. NorthEscambia.com photos, click to enlarge.


Comments





Have a comment on this story?

We welcome your comments on this story, but there are some rules to follow::

(1) Be Nice. No comments that slander another, no racism, no sexism, no personal attacks.

(2) No Harrassing Comments. If someone says something bad about you, don't respond. That's childish.

(3) No Libel. That's saying something is not true about someone. Don't do it.

(4) Keep it clean. Nothing vulgar, obscene or sexually related. No profanity or obvious substitutions. Period.

(5) NorthEscambia.com reserves the right to remove any comments that violate our rules or we think to be inappropriate. We are not responsible for what is posted. Comments may not appear right away until they are approved by a moderator.

(6) Limit your comments to the subject in this story only, and limit comments to 300 words or less. Do not post copyrighted material. Comments will not be added to stories that are over 30 days old.

(7) No posts may advertise a commercial business or political group, or link to another commercial web site or political site of any kind.