Fatal Motorcycle Crash Discovered Along Interstate

April 21, 2017

The Florida Highway Patrol said Thursday that a fatal crash discovered along the interstate likely occurred Tuesday night.

The FHP said 53-year old Rodney Earl Logan of Pensacola was northbound on I-110  and had entered the westbound exit ramp to I-10. Troopers believe he failed to negotiate the curve, traveled onto the shoulder and entered a wooded area on his 2014 Harley motorcycle.

Troopers believe the accident happened about 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday. They said the crashed motorcycle was not visible from the roadway.

Comments

10 Responses to “Fatal Motorcycle Crash Discovered Along Interstate”

1. Big T on April 23rd, 2017 4:03 am

Such a tragic loss of a great Christian Motorcyclist Association brother. He called to see how I was doing last week and we were going to plan a ride. A fun loving brother with an infectious smile and Godly heart that generated it. Until we ride again Rod.

Big T

2. WNS on April 23rd, 2017 12:02 am

You were such a sweet person; a true believer in Christ. Rest in Peace Officer Logan. You will be missed.

3. W. Carter on April 22nd, 2017 10:45 pm

Did not know Rodney, (Harley Man) personally.
    We were neighbors. He appeared to be a very nice person.
    Sad to hear of the awful accident. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Rest in peace, Rodney.

4. brother in arms on April 22nd, 2017 8:14 pm

I didn’t know Rodney but I am a fellow corrections officer. I would like to express my deepest condolences to the family. RIP BROTHER

5. Kerry on April 22nd, 2017 5:11 pm

Rest in Peace Rod! I feel honored to have worked with you the past couple years. You, with that infectious smile and easy-going demeanor will be sorely missed by all of your co-workers! God Bless you and your brother Donald and family! Until we meet again, take care brother!

6. Joe Simpson on April 22nd, 2017 6:19 am

Rodney, will always remember you smiling bro! Saddened by the news!

7. Manny Ayala on April 21st, 2017 10:22 pm

Hey buddy! You just don’t know how deeply sorry I am to learn that you left in such a terrible way! My heart goes out to your family….your buddy from MDC Guaynabo, Puerto Rico….May you Rest in Peace my friend!!!! Keep on smiling….

8. Terri Hulett on April 21st, 2017 6:43 pm

Rest In Peace Rodney. Heaven just became even brighter with your million dollar smile. Prayer for your loved ones.

9. David on April 21st, 2017 4:53 pm

Great Person. Great Officer. Great Christian. He was a Federal Correctional Officer With The United State Department of Justice – Federal Bureau of Prison. God bless him and his family.

10. No Excuses on April 21st, 2017 1:27 pm

Rest in Peace Rodney. You will be missed by me and all our co-workers.