FDOT: Weekly Traffic Alerts
January 9, 2017
Drivers will encounter traffic variations on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
· County Road 182 (Molino Road) over Penasula Creek Bridge Replacement- Construction activities begin on County Road 182 (Molino Road) over Penasula Creek, north of Cantonment. Molino Road will be closed to through traffic during construction. Sunshine Hill Road, Crabtree Church Road, and U.S. 29 will be utilized as a detour route. Work is anticipated to be complete fall 2017, weather permitting.
· County Road 97A Boggy Creek Bridge Replacement Project- Construction activities begin on County Road 97A over Boggy Creek, near Enon. Crews will begin clearing trees and shrubs to build a temporary detour (acrow) bridge. Once completed, traffic will be shifted to the acrow bridge as crews construct the new structure. Work is anticipated to be complete in eight months, weather permitting.
· Patricia Driver over Bayou Marcus Creek Bridge Replacement Project- Construction activities will begin the week of January 9 on Patricia Drive. Crews will begin clearing trees and shrubs to build a temporary detour (acrow) bridge to replace the current structure on Patricia Drive over Bayou Marcus Creek. Traffic will be shifted to the temporary detour (acrow) bridge during construction. Work is anticipated to be complete spring 2018, weather permitting.
· U.S. 90 Routine Bridge Maintenance over AL&GC Railroad- East and westbound right lane closed from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday, Jan. 9 as crews clean bridge joints.
· U.S. 29 Routine Bridge Maintenance over Canoe Creek- Northbound, right lane closed from midnight Monday, Jan. 9 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10 as crews clean and repair bridge joints.
· Interstate 10 (I-10) Routine Bridge Maintenance over U.S. 90- Westbound lane closure over U.S. 90 from 10 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 11 as crews clean and repair bridge joints.
· U.S. 90 Routine Bridge Maintenance over Bayou Texar- Alternating lane restrictions from 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 11 to 5 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 12 as crews clean and repair bridge joints.
· U.S. 29 /State Road (S.R.) 95 Widening from I-10 to 9 Mile Road- Alternating lane closures north and southbound U.S. 29 and east and westbound 9 Mile Road near the U.S. 29/9 Mile Road overpass from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. as crews continue work on barrier wall installation and preparation for the bridge construction.
· 9 Mile Road (S.R. 10/U.S. 90A) Widening from Pine Forest to U.S. 29- Alternating lane closures continue on Untreiner Avenue as crews drive temporary sheet pile.
· Fairfield Drive (S.R. 727/295) Resurfacing from Mobile Highway to North Pace Boulevard- Intermittent and alternating lane closures continue between Mobile Highway and North Pace Boulevard between 8:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. as crews perform paving operations.
· I-10/U.S. 29 Interchange Improvements Phase I- East and westbound lane closures between I-110 and U.S. 29 (Exits 10A and 10B) from 8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 7 to 8 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 8 as crews perform pipe repairs.
Santa Rosa County:
· I-10 Resurfacing from east of S.R. 87 to the Okaloosa County Line- Due to impending cold weather temperatures crews will not be paving Sunday, Jan. 8 through Thursday, Jan. 12. However, there will be other operations performed which may require shoulder closures.
Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through the construction zone, and to pay attention for workers and equipment entering and exiting the work area. All activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.