ECUA Driver Killed On The Job In I-65 Wreck

August 22, 2015

An Emerald Coast Utilities Authority driver was killed on the job Thursday afternoon in an Alabama traffic accident.

According to the Alabama State Troopers, 27-year old Roosevelt Dial of Pensacola was killed when his 2010 Freightliner tractor trailer collided with a 2013 Kenworth tractor trailer on I-65 near the Pintlala exit, between Fort Deposit and Montgomery.

The crash happened about 4 p.m. Thursday. Dial was pronounced deceased on the scene; the other driver was not injured. The collision closed the interstate for several hours.

Dial was hauling ECUA recyclables to a facility in Montgomery.

Comments

13 Responses to “ECUA Driver Killed On The Job In I-65 Wreck”

1. Jonathan on April 1st, 2018 7:51 am

Went to trucking school with him. Still missing him. It hurts.

2. Rahiem L Thomas on August 25th, 2015 6:37 pm

Prayers will continue… going out to both families during this critical time… I used to work @ECUA last year on a temporary basis and I’m sure I met Mr Dail on different occasions… Life is SO PRECIOUS

3. joe on August 24th, 2015 5:42 pm

ECUA sells their recycle to a plant in Montgomery for a profit. Our landfill charges to dump recycle. I hate that this happened to such a great man. He will be missed greatly. My prayers are with the family.

4. Gabe Prim on August 23rd, 2015 9:54 pm

Played football with him the bond our team had we were family it hurts to lose a family member

5. Caroline Jesko on August 22nd, 2015 6:41 pm

May you RIP ECUA driver..BigRo.
    Your in the prayers of many.

6. Jason on August 22nd, 2015 1:37 pm

@bewildered:
    They were both headed in the same direction. The ECUA truck rear-ended the trailer of the other truck.

7. Sarah on August 22nd, 2015 1:34 pm

I was lucky not to hear the words that my driver was dead… but I can only imagine the feeling the family felt when they received this call. I remember the fear of not knowing as I rushed to the hospital…. I couldn’t imagine knowing already what I feared most was true. Prayers with this family…. RIP driver.

8. bewildered on August 22nd, 2015 1:26 pm

What a terrible accident. It looks like one of the trucks was going the wrong way on the Interstate.

9. Jim Faxlanger on August 22nd, 2015 12:58 pm

Sad that the County and ECUA haven’t found a way to work together to locally recycle…this tragedy may have been avoided.
    My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to the Dial Family.

10. William on August 22nd, 2015 10:57 am

>>Ecua is hauling trash to Montgomery from Pensacola ???? Is our landfill inadequate ???

“Dial was hauling ECUA recyclables to a facility in Montgomery.”

It was not trash…that does go to the local landfill. It was recyclables…they are sold, at a profit, to a Montgomery company. There are efforts to build a local facility within the next few years.

Here’s an older article:

11. Sidney on August 22nd, 2015 9:40 am

How awful. Prayers for his family & friends.

12. So Sad on August 22nd, 2015 7:33 am

Big Ro was 1 of the nicest and respectable people I’ve ever met. Please keep the Dial family in your prayers. Gone too soon !

13. Ponderosa hill on August 22nd, 2015 2:42 am