Motorcyclist Collides With School Bus

March 11, 2014

A motorcyclist has passed away from injuries he received when he hit a school bus that pulled into his path Monday afternoon.

School bus driver Brenda Gentry Matchett, 66, attempted to pull from the stop sign on 46th Avenue onto Lillian Highway. She failed to see motorcyclist Larry Dakota Austin, 22, and pulled the school bus into the path of his 1998 Honda motorcycle, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Austin attempted to stop before hitting the bus but was unable to do so, according to the FHP. He slid under the bus, colliding with the right rear tires before sliding out into Lillian Highway, troopers said.

Austin was transported by Escambia County EMS to Baptist Hospital in critical condition.He passed away from his injuries Friday morning.

Charges in the accident are pending investigation, the FHP said.

Comments

7 Responses to “Motorcyclist Collides With School Bus”

1. Carolyn Thomley on March 14th, 2014 9:44 pm

Let’s all pray for this young man’s family . Pray that God will give them the strength that they need during this time of grief. Also pray for this bus driver . I know as being a bus driver myself this is the worst thing that could happen to a bus driver . I pray for this family and for Brenda as well .

2. alexis on March 13th, 2014 5:33 pm

I knew him personally and this is so upsetting. Rest in paradise Cody ♡

3. Michelle on March 12th, 2014 5:37 pm

I don’t know him, but I pray he will be ok and fully recover.

4. curious mind on March 12th, 2014 9:14 am

Does anyone know a status on this man? I hope he is doing better..

5. Angie Gunn on March 12th, 2014 6:14 am

Prayers going out to this young man and his family.

6. Jordan custead on March 11th, 2014 6:34 pm

He was sweat kind man I new him personally he was together with my friends mom.
    Her name is Annie . I am devastated to here of what happened and to here the reports saying that he may not make it crushes me ,all my prayers are with him.
    To: Annie & Cody ♥
    Sincerely Jordan A.Custead

7. Molino Mom on March 11th, 2014 12:48 pm

Prayers for this young man!