Escambia Emergency Operations Center Update
September 1, 2008
(Updated 4:30 p.m.) Here is the latest information from the Escambia County Emergency Operations Center:
- East Brent Baptist Church, located at 4801 North Davis Highway, in Pensacola opened at 4 p.m. Sunday for local residents and as a host shelter for travelers. Nurses are available for special needs clients. No advance registration required At 4:30 this afternoon, there were 249 people in the shelter: 199 from out of town, 50 local residents and one special needs patient with two caregivers.
- Gulf Power: (800) GU-POWER
- Gulf Power is reporting 2,347 customers without power at 3:00 p.m.
- EREC: (877) OUT-EREC
- ECAT buses will not run on Monday…due to the Labor Day holiday.
- Allied Waste and Century will not have trash pickup on Monday due to Labor Day. Customers scheduled for Monday pickup will be serviced on Tuesday. Customers scheduled for Tuesday pickup will be serviced on Wednesday.
- UWF will be open on Tuesday for classes as usual.
- PJC will be open Tuesday as usual.
- Escambia County Schools will be open as usual Tuesday.
Citizen Info Line/EOC
- Citizen information phone lines are open at (850) 471-6600 until 7:00 tonight. The EOC will be open until 7:00 tonight. Both will be open Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- There are no evacuations planned in Escambia County at this time.
Pictured above: An update on Hurricane Gustav Sunday afternoon in the Escambia County Emergency Operations Center. Pictured below: EOC staffers were also updated on Tropical Storm Hanna. Submitted photos for NorthEscambia.com