ECUA: Collection Routes Have Changed, So Have Your Cans Out Early

June 7, 2021

Have your trash and recycling cans out early — that’s the word from the Emerald Coast Utilities Authority.

There has a been a change in the sanitation routes followed by ECUA. While this does not mean a change in customer pick-up days, the time that trucks arrive will likely change.

Some collections may be made earlier than normal while others might be later in the day. To minimize the chance of a missed pick-up, customers should place their cans at the curb by 5:30 a.m.  on their regular collection day.

Customers are asked to give drivers a chance to complete their new routes and wait until the next morning before calling (850) 476-0480 to report a missed collection.

Comments

6 Responses to “ECUA: Collection Routes Have Changed, So Have Your Cans Out Early”

1. Michael Holman on June 9th, 2021 8:17 am

The 530 am has been in effect ever since ECUA took over this end of the county. Rarely here before noon.

2. Michael Holman on June 9th, 2021 8:15 am

As Usual trash was picked up at around 2 pm, that is P.M. . In the last 3 months I have been missed 3 times. After calling in I was still missed. Recycle can is free they can miss that if they want to. I am a disabled veteran of 70. I put my can out on Monday to be picked up on Tuesday. So much for the new routes.

3. Bruce Harp on June 8th, 2021 7:32 am

No issues with trash or recycle, has always been picked up day scheduled. When will we get back to normal on yard waste. I understand having staffing issues at this time. We are normally seeing a pickup about every 3 weeks…. Thanks

P.S. Residents, if you see your trash being picked up take a bottle or two of water out to them. Its hot out there and they appreciate it! They are just doing their job so don’t start 20 questions.

4. SueP on June 7th, 2021 10:31 am

Yard trash is in an open container but helpers put a pitch fork inside the can vs picking up & emptying the container in the truck. Then yard trash is scattered all over the road.
    Previous info was to have garbage can out night before.
    Have called customer service plus talked to driver that wheels need to be replaced on trash can 3 months ago!!!! Recycle can has been crushed by the truck & reported months ago.
    What happened to all the cans from Santa Rosa?

5. Ernest F Woolum on June 7th, 2021 8:53 am

ECUA is doing a good job. Keep up the good work

6. Howie on June 7th, 2021 7:11 am

My cans are out by 9PM the night before. I pay my bill before the due date and I expect better service than we have been getting. A day late is what I’m talking about.

NO, I will not wait until the next morning after our garbage has cooked all day in the can. You close at 430PM and I will call before that if my trash can is not picked up. I could care less about the recycle can, since it goes out once per month.