Molino Homemakers Create Bibs For Rehab Patients

July 31, 2011

The Molino Homemakers recently made adult-size bibs for rehabilitation patients at West Florida Rehabilitation Institute.

Club President Nancy Holland set up a station where members cut out terrycloth and plastic material from a paper bag pattern. At another station, the plastic and terrycloth pieces were pinned then sewn together. Other members trimmed and turned the bibs then the bottoms were hand stitched closed.

Holland delivered the completed bibs to patients who undergo rehabilitation from strokes and other illnesses or surgeries. The patients are able to take their bib home with them once they leave rehab.

The Molino Homemakers meet on the first Wednesday of each month (except July) at 10 a.m. at Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Molino. The next meeting will be August 3. Visitors are welcome; dues are $5 per year.

For more photos, click here.

Pictured top: Members of the Molino Homemakers create bibs for rehab patients. Pictured inset: Club member Shirley Clayton models a bib. Submitted photos and story by Terri Brown for NorthEscambia.com, click to enlarge.

Comments

27 Responses to “Molino Homemakers Create Bibs For Rehab Patients”

1. Susan Ray on October 21st, 2017 3:41 pm

Would love to have pattern for adult bib . I want to make them and bring them to our local Vets Home.

2. Debby on August 3rd, 2017 4:52 pm

It would be much appreciated if you would pass on the pattern for the bib and the paper bag. I work in aged care and the bibs that are commercially supplied have no absorbency in them. They are made from 100% polyester and I would love to make some lovely ones that are more appropriate especially for the stroke victims that need to wear them all day due to no swallowing reflexes. Thanking you.

3. Barbara Vance on July 17th, 2017 1:13 pm

Our son was recently injured in a bicycle accident. In the past he has ridden in charity events in our state of Kentucky. This is a life changing event for him and his family at age 56. Presently, he is at Cardinal Hill, Versailles Road, Ky. for rehab.

I am interested in the Paper Bag Pattern which I can share with our Scott County Extension Service. This sounds like a good community service project for homemakers in KY.

4. Kathy Hill on July 13th, 2017 12:45 am

My mother is in a nursing home and is always spilling on herself. Could I
    Possibly get a copy of your pattern? My address is1108 Rutledge St Pawnee IL 62558.

5. Leona Butchart on July 2nd, 2017 6:45 pm

Kindly share this pattern with me. I have a close friend who is extremely disabled. This bib would be perfect for her needs. God bless you.

6. Sandra Greek on March 30th, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi from Florida,

Some of our church ladies are getting ready to sew adult bibs for our local nursing homes and I would love to get a copy of the bib you are using.

May God bless you in all that you do.

7. Myra Casey on November 24th, 2016 8:35 pm

I would Love to get your directions and measurements for these Bibs. Thank You.

8. Joanna Wright on November 12th, 2016 9:34 am

Could I have a pattern of this bib. My friends husband needs them for eating.
    He had a stroke and has to use the wrong hand to eat and it always dropping
    something.

9. Elizabeth Burke on November 6th, 2016 11:56 am

My Aunt Joan has asked me to please make her a few adult bibs but I cant seem to find a pattern. I would love to have a copy of your pattern!

Elizabeth Burke

10. MARIE SIMMONS on October 17th, 2016 12:51 am

Please share the pattern for this bib. Great outreach project for ladies of our church.

11. Jan Molter on May 18th, 2016 8:48 am

Could you please tell me how I could get your pattern for this bib?? Thank you

12. Theresa on March 1st, 2016 3:01 pm

I love your adult bibs. Is there a way to get the pattern? I would be so helpful. Thank you!

13. Cathy Dumolien on January 13th, 2016 9:24 pm

My mother in law asked me today to make her a bib out of a towel. Is it possible to get a pattern for this bib? I’m sure there are others at her home that could use them too. Thank you for responding to my inquirey.
    cathy

14. Sarah on October 30th, 2015 2:50 pm

I work at a Children’s Hospice in England, these bibs would be brilliant, do you have a pattern you could share please.

15. Ann Mayes on October 20th, 2015 11:43 am

My husband needs these desperately. Can I get the pattern? Also are there any organizations like yours close to Tallassee, Alabama? I would love to help.
    Appreciate your work.
    Ann

16. Dawn on August 30th, 2015 12:54 pm

can you share your pattern?
    thanks
    Dawn

17. Pamela kilbourn on August 23rd, 2015 7:44 pm

Would love to have this great pattern

18. Annette bilodeau on August 20th, 2015 6:42 pm

Is it possible to secure the pattern for this adult bib? If so, how do I go about getting it?

19. Elvira Guzman on July 18th, 2015 1:37 pm

I made some but this is very nice and simple
    I give them away to the elderly or the sick

20. Lynda Wall on July 17th, 2015 11:29 pm

Can you supply me the measurements for this bib please?
    I sew for the cancer foundation here in Australia and I have had many requests for a bib just like this one. I also do machine embroidery and thought I could pretty this up a bit for ladies.
    If this is not an imposition I thank you very much.
    Lynda

21. Bonnie Daniels on March 9th, 2015 8:04 pm

how can I get a pattern for this adult bib?

22. Nora Jean Davis on January 4th, 2015 9:09 pm

is it possible to get the pattern for these bibs. I love them

23. Jean Nelson on November 19th, 2014 9:40 am

I have a dear friend in assisted living. Do you share this pattern. If it isn’t too difficult I may try to make several for others.

24. Judy Heard on May 22nd, 2014 12:33 pm

Do you have a pattern to share for this? Thanks so much, my Uncle has a muscle degenerating disease and I would love to make these for him.

25. 429SCJ on August 4th, 2011 7:30 am

The goodness and grace of the lord is where you find it.

26. Kelly on July 31st, 2011 6:23 pm

Love you Molino Homemakers! Have missed coming to the meetings. I do have to say that my Grandmother, Shirley Clayton, looks fabulous in her Bib!!! Thanks, Terri for the pictures!

27. Donna on July 31st, 2011 9:33 am

What a thoughtful idea! I know the patients love them. Keep up the good work ladies!